Is your website design mobile friendly?
Thursday 03, May 2012
It’s estimated that in just two years time mobile phones will be used to browse the web more than desktop computers!
The use of smart phones and tablets such as iPads is accelerating fast. So it’s important to take into account that your company website is not just viewed on a desktop computer.
Your customers use their smart phones to search for local suppliers and do business when they are at home, on the move and in-between meetings.
Although most websites will automatically resize when viewed on a mobile, they don’t provide an ideal experience. Users have to scroll and zoom in and out to navigate the site and find information. Average bounce rates for websites viewed on mobiles can be up to 80%. So it’s clear that mobile users won’t stay on a website that provides a poor experience.
The Solution for your Business
The solution is a stand-alone mobile version that complements and works alongside your existing website. A piece of code detects if the user is on a mobile device and automatically loads the mobile-friendly site.
Benefits of a Mobile Website
- A great mobile web experience for your customers
- Delivers information clearly and is easy to use
- Streamlined content, limited scrolling and key graphics
- Shows what’s most important to your mobile visitors – such as maps, contact info and open hours
- Fast loading website to access information quickly
- Provides instant engagement by using mobile-specific features such as click-to-call and geolocation
- Retains business, which might otherwise have been lost
- Helps you to stay ahead of your competitors
Choose not to get a mobile site and your competitors will. Smartphones are the future of internet access!
To view an example, visit our own website on your smart phone.
Interested in a Mobile Website Design for your business?
Call us today on 01604 654222 or complete our online enquiry form
Share this article